24 February 2021
Want to attend the event?Missed the event? Register Here
24 February | Online
OECD Development Centre and Carbon Tracker have partnered to host the launch of Carbon Tracker’s latest report Beyond Petrostates: The burning need to cut oil dependence in the energy transition.
Beyond Petrostates looks at the impact on oil and gas government revenues in producing countries driven by lower demand over the energy transition. While mitigating the physical effects of climate change will have benefits for all – and in particular the world’s disadvantaged communities – the report highlights the challenges that fossil fuel-producing countries will face as they navigate the coming decades.
It provides a call to action to both domestic policymakers and the international community to intensify efforts to plan the pathway from oil dependence and comes at a critical time in the run-up to the COP26 meeting in Glasgow towards the end of the year.
The webinar will include a presentation of Beyond Petrostates followed by a discussion. Speakers include:
- Mr Andrew Grant, Head of Climate, Energy and Industry Research, Carbon Tracker
- Mr Mike Coffin, Senior Analyst, Carbon Tracker
- Mr Masood Ahmed, President, Centre for Global Development
- Mr Kelechi Ofoegbu, Senior Technical Adviser to the Honourable Minister, Ministry of Petroleum Resources, Nigeria
- Ms Alexandra Lastra Andrade, Head of Subsidies Unit, Ministry of Finance, Ecuador
- Mr. Ricardo Gomez, Senior Counsel, OPEC Fund
- Moderated by Ms Lahra Liberti, Head of Unit, Natural Resources for Development, OECD Development Centre
Want to attend the event?Register Here