5 July | Online
*Link to the recording available here*
In this webinar Lorenzo Sani, a Power and Utilities specialist, analyses the health of Great Britain’s electricity transmission grid and assesses how ready it is for a decarbonised power system.
The webinar will discuss:
- How a lack of coordinated investment and planning is leading to unnecessary emissions as well as an increase in consumer bills, which if unchecked will surpass £3.5bn (£200 per British household) by 2030.
- What can be done to reduce grid congestion including new cables, storage, and flexibility.
- What policy reforms might be needed to work alongside and accelerate the investment needed.
The report author Lorenzo Sani will be joined in this event by key experts to discuss how policymakers and regulators can act to solve grid congestion issues.
- Barnaby Wharton, RenewableUK, Director Future Electricity Systems
- Gemma Stanley, Piclo, Senior Policy and Regulatory Manager
- Angus MacRae, SSE, Director of Market Development
- Ben Guest, Gresham House Energy Storage Fund plc, Managing Director
- Rob Nickerson, National Grid ESO, Economic Assessment Manager
This webinar is addressed to UK’s policymakers, energy regulators, grid operators, project developers and electricity utilities that can directly solve this issue and reap the benefits of a decarbonised power sector.
The expected run time is one hour including a short slide presentation, a moderated panel session and Q&A from the audience.
If you are having trouble accessing the registration below please register here or contact us at email@example.com
Want to attend the event?Register Here