The briefing will take place at a COP26 media conference, hosted by Denmark’s COP26 delegation.
What: To foster transparency on fossil fuel reserves production and help make governments more accountable to citizens and other stakeholders including investors – Carbon Tracker and Global Energy Monitor will present the first ever Global Registry of Fossil Fuels.
When: On Thursday 11 November, at 15:45 – 16:15 GMT
Where: Blue Zone at COP26 – Room PC1 – Giants Causeway – Area H. Info: here.
Who: The event will feature the following speakers
- Mark Campanale, founder and executive chair Carbon Tracker Initiative (CTI)
- Niklas Hagelberg, UN Environment Programme
- Rebecca Byrnes – Project Manager of the Global Registry of Fossil Fuels
Also appearing in support of the Global Fossil Fuel Registry initiative via pre-recorded video are Rob Schuwerk, CTI’s U.S Director, and Ted Nace, Executive Director of Global Energy Monitor (GEM).
Supporters of the Global Registry of Fossil Fuels include:
- Claude Turmes – Minister of Energy & Minister of Regional Planning, Government of Luxembourg
- Marlene Moses – Chair of the Nauru Rehabilitation Corporation
- Per Bolund, Minister for Environment and Climate, Government of Sweden
- Michael Lazarus, Co-ordinating Lead Author, Production Gap Report, Stockholm Environment Institute
- Carole Dieschbourg, Minister for the Environment, Government of Luxembourg
- Barbara Pompili, Minister for Ecological Transition, Government of France
Streaming link to watch the session online: https://unfccc-cop26.streamworld.de/program