22 April 2015
Carbon Tracker will take part to the UKSIF Edinburgh Conference 2015, organised by UKSIF in partnership with PRI.
Anthony Hobley, CEO at Carbon Tracker, will present our latest research findings on the risk of potential wasted capex in the fossil fuel sector and the need of tighter regulations on climate risk transparency at company level.
The event will bring together investors, Government representatives and policy-makers, companies and consultancies as well civil society organisations to discuss the following topics:
- CoP in Paris, stranded assets, company engagements, divestment campaign: how are these affecting the company valuations of energy companies?
- Complying with fiduciary duty – a roadmap to ESG integration.
- Responsible Investment and ESG Integration: Global trends from PRI Report on Progress.
- Conduct, culture and ethics – how companies who have been called into question are making the right changes and evidencing them to investors.
- Future proofing – staying relevant in a changing industry.
- Deborah Allen, Managing Director Corporate Responsibility, BAE Systems
- James Ayre, Fund Manager, CCLA Investment Management
- Olivia Bowen, Director and Financial Adviser, Gaeia
- Anthony Carty, Board Director, Pension Led Funding
- Emily Chew, Vice President & Head of Asia-Pac ESG Research, MSCI
- Bruce Davis, Joint Managing Director, Abundance Generation
- Murdo Fraser MSP, Scottish Conservative and Unionist Part and Convener of the Economy, Energy and Tourism Committee
- Dave Gorman, Director of Social Responsibility and Sustainability, University of Edinburgh
- Marianne Harper-Gow, Head of Corporate Governance and ESG, Baillie Gifford
- Anthony Hobley, Chief Executive Officer, Carbon Tracker Initiative
- Simon Howard, Chief Executive, UKSIF
- Julie Hutchison, Head of Customer Affairs, Standard Life
- Maia Kutner, Director – Technical Reporting, CDP
- Maria Lettini, Associate Director, Networks & Global Outreach, PRI
- Mark C. Lewis, Senior Analyst, Energy Transition & Climate-Change Research, Kepler Cheuvreux
- Rebecca Maclean, Responsible Investment Analyst, Standard Life Investments
- Donald MacDonald, Chairman, Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC)
- Professor Iain MacNeil, University of Glasgow
- Fergus Moffatt, Programme Director and Head of Public Policy, UKSIF
- Barry Parr, Co-Chair, Association of Member Nominated Trustees (AMNT)
- Tavish Scott MSP, Scottish Liberal Democrats, Member of the Cross-Party Group on the Scottish Economy
- Lisa Stewart, Sustainability Manager, RBS
- Dr Rory Sullivan, Senior Strategic Advisor, PRI
This year’s ticket-only event will be free of charge for UKSIF members and PRI signatories. Non-members are welcome to attend at a charge.
Please book here.
The conference will take place on Wednesday 22 April 2015 from 9am – 5.30pm and will be followed by a drinks reception.