12 April 2016
Arts at the Old Fire Station
40 George St
With over 500 organizations worth more than $3.4 trillion pledging to divest from fossil fuels and invest in climate solutions, Divest Invest is a potent global movement that’s triggering a shift in finance from fossil fuels into the renewable energy economy and improving energy access.
Please join us in Oxford, ahead of the Skoll World Forum, on Tuesday 12th April from 2pm to explore how we can all grow the global carbon Divest Invest movement and increase investment in energy access in emerging economies. Participants include leading actors in the movement and pioneers of funds for energy access in emerging economies such as:
- Mark Campanale, Founder and Director of the Carbon Tracker Initiative
- Ellen Dorsey, Director of the Wallace Global Fund,
- Dr Jonathan Rowson, Founder of Perspectiva Institute
- Assaad Razouk, CEO of Sindicatum Sustainable Resources
- Cyrille Arnould, Head of GEEREF
- Christian Schattenmann, SFA Fund Manager Bamboo Finance
- Asad Mahmood, CEO & Managing Partner of SIMA Funds
We’re delighted to have as moderator Matthew Bishop, The Economist’s US Business Editor and New York Bureau Chief.
For more information and to sign up for the afternoon, please visit the website. Join us for a buffet lunch at 1pm, provocations from leaders in the field and then conversations, led by you, from 2pm. We’ll finish with drinks at 5pm, which you can sign up for here.
This event is hosted and supported by Wallace Global Fund, The Ashden Trust, Mark Leonard Trust and JJ Charitable Trust.