14 January 2015
CMS Cameron McKenna
160 Aldersgate St
London EC1A 4DD
2015 marks a critical juncture in climate policy. The broad lines of the EU 2030 climate and energy package have been agreed, the General Election will yield the parliament that will take us through to 2020 (the date which marks the target for many of our current objectives on energy efficiency, renewables and emissions reductions), and major international climate change talks will take place in Paris later in the year.
In recognition of this pivotal year, Carbon Tracker has been invited to a panel discussion hosted by the Aldersgate Group to examine the current UK policy framework, building on a recent report by Cambridge Econometrics, which outlines the macroeconomic implications of the UK meeting its carbon budgets.
The event will be chaired by James Murray (Business Green). Other confirmed speakers include:
– Professor Paul Ekins, Director of the Institute for Sustainable Resources, University College London
– Danielle Lane, Head of Regulatory and Stakeholder Relations UK, Dong Energy
– Benet Northcote, Group Head of CSR, John Lewis Partnership
– Tim Morris, Head of Public Affairs, Tata Steel Europe
– Mike Sewell, Head of Energy, Kier Group
– Anthony Hobley, Chief Executive Officer, Carbon Tracker
Please RSVP here to confirm your interest. This event will be photographed and images used by the Aldersgate Group. Places will be confirmed by Monday 5th January with priority given to Aldersgate Group members and stakeholders.
The event will be live tweeted using #UKClimate.
The panel will start at 5.30pm and will be followed by a drinks reception until 8.00pm.