Location Home working due to Covid19, “normally” London Bridge
Start date ASAP
Carbon Tracker’s vision is a climate-secure global energy system, where capital markets are aligned with the reality of climate change. We are helping to map the transition of the fossil fuel industry to keep global warming within a temperature increase of 1.5˚C and its correspondent carbon emission budget. Our long-term goal is an orderly wind down of fossil fuel production and its unmitigated burning before breaching this budget. We believe that financial markets, regulators, investors and policymakers all have an urgent role to play. Our analysis of unburnable carbon, stranded assets, and wasted capital has reframed the debate around climate change risk.
We are mission driven trailblazers and we value respect, accountability and efficiency & effectiveness.
We are seeking a Research and Support Assistant to work closely with one of our senior team members. A diverse role offering plenty of opportunity.
Heavily involved and trusted across all work and levels. The role will include researching, project assisting, idea creation and support, writing documents and presentations, proof reading, attending meetings and conferences, with huge scope for learning and development.
We believe this role will suit a recent graduate with a relevant degree and passion for fighting climate change looking for career within the sustainable finance sector. With the opportunity to shadow and build knowledge, experience, and confidence to in time independently represent Carbon Tracker at events. Must have great organisational skills and the aptitude and desire to also manage the diary, travel and coordination side of the role.
Role and responsibilities
- Research and build on ideas that are generated and create into a form where they can be presented and pitched.
- Draft presentations, speeches and prepare documents.
- Build and write briefing information packs for meetings with our funders, board and investment professionals
- Carry out extensive research to draft proposals for example on fossil fuel “IPO disclosures.
- Build and manage relationships with our key stakeholders and funders.
- Support on business development activities, planning and tracking of progress and outcomes.
- Protect CTI ensuring when appropriate the necessary due diligence and compliance processes and checks have taken place.
- Organise complex and evolving diary, travel, event and accommodation coordination (when Covid-19 restrictions ease)
- Be up to speed and able to represent Executive and speak on his behalf as liaison internally and externally.
- Attend meetings, some travel included for individual, take notes and shadow; in time building confidence, knowledge and experience to represent us in key meetings.
- Manage upwards; ensure enough thinking and preparing time for upcoming opportunities is factored in to planning. Enable this through effective gatekeeping and protecting of diary time.
Required experience and attributes
- Relevant degree and career aspirations to work in climate finance / ESG space
- Passion for our mission
- Highly motivated, a quick learner driven to grow the role and increase responsibilities
- Methodical and organised with a high attention to detail
- Proactive, will drive our priorities, engagement and mission forward.
- Desire to build a network in the climate finance space.
- Keen researcher, inquisitive, establishes and follows ideas and pathways.
- Always one step ahead, mitigating issues and plans every step and detail. Able to multitask and manage priorities.
- Autonomous, understands in detail the work and the priorities and can work independently on delivering and adding value. Solutions-orientated.
- Excellent writing skills, initiating documents and proofreading.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly proficient with MS Office suite
- Internships experience or some work experience with understanding of office and working routines and principles.
- GBP £26-28K dependent on candidate and experience, 7% pension contribution, 25 days holiday including bank holidays with one extra day granted for service, capped at 5; cycle to work scheme; discretionary bonus (funding and company performance dependent).
- Please email your CV along with a covering letter explaining how you would fit into the team to email@example.com and include the OP0009 within the email title.
- Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
- Carbon Tracker can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK
- We strive to ensure that opportunities to work and develop at Carbon Tracker are open to all. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation and all equality characteristics.
- Carbon Tracker supports flexibility and we welcome career returners.
- The closing date for applications is 30 April 2021.
- Thank you for your interest in Carbon Tracker and good luck!
Carbon Tracker will process any data provided in response to this open role for recruitment purposes only. We will hold personal data on candidates in our applicant tracking system which is fully compliant with current GDPR legislation until our open role is filled. We cannot state the exact time period for this because it varies role to role. The period is over when a candidate accepts our job offer and starts in the new role. When that period is over we will delete your data. You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle your data with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or you can contact us directly if you have any concerns you would like to discuss.