Location Home working due to Covid “normally” London Bridge
Reporting to Senior Communications & Design Manager
Start date As soon as possible
Primary responsibility will be to assist in managing and growing our event and webinar calendar and support the Communication Team’s varied needs as the organisation expands, including helping produce and publish written and multi-media content through our digital communications channels such as the website and newsletter, manage translations and support with daily ad-hoc logistical and administrative tasks.
A successful candidate must have an interest in and understanding of climate and/ or finance related issues. They will be highly organised, with excellent time management and a methodical approach to working on multiple tasks. They will be a team player who is adaptive and happy working in a small team, whilst feeling comfortable taking ownership of their responsibilities and open to growing within the role.
- Support event and webinar planning and execution – e.g. booking venues, travel and accommodation, providing on-site and virtual support, live-blogging, scheduling webinars, invoicing/budgeting
- Support event and webinar marketing e.g. preparing copy for social media, prepare schedule for social media posts, posting on social media, helping with organisation of translation and printing of materials
- Assist in managing team speaking engagements at international public events, workshops, roundtables, press conferences e.g. coordinating on logistics with event organisers
- Assist with administrative aspect of event organisation e.g. collating and maintaining calendar of events (on our CRM system Salesforce and in planning document), speaker pitches, and contact information
- Tracking and processing event feedback from attendees/colleagues/organisers
- Research mainstream events in the climate, energy and finance sectors and pitch to event organisers
- Research award platforms/events and assist in the application for awards
Digital and other
- Assist in website maintenance – event listings, blogs, etc.
- Assist in collecting material, writing content and producing monthly newsletter
- Assist with formatting PowerPoints and related materials for internal speakers for events
- Assist with formatting Word and Excel templates for reports and charts
- Managing events and event contacts in Salesforce
- Support social media team on event-related content
- Proactively search for new digital tools and platforms e.g. content production and distribution
- Manage all event printing and inventory of reports, analyst notes, business cards, marketing materials, etc.
- An interest in and understanding of climate and/ or finance related issues, particularly an understanding and commitment to the objective of Carbon Tracker to align capital markets with climate change objectives
- Experience organising events, coordinating speakers and managing digital comms platforms
- Highly organised and methodical in approach to work, with excellent time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, proactive and able to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Detail-oriented and able to take ownership of tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience in Adobe Suite – e.g. creation of GIFs, social media cards, banners, marketing materials
- Experience interpreting materials in order to develop, write copy and edit content
- Experience Video-editing – e.g. editing of video recordings from events and webinars
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS (website content management system)
- Familiarity with Mailchimp
- Familiarity with posting and maintaining mainstream social media platforms
- Salary range £27,000 – £31,000 based on experience, plus pension contribution, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with one extra day granted for service, capped at 5, opt-in cycle to work scheme, discretionary bonus (funding and company performance dependent).
- Carbon Tracker values diversity and equal opportunities; applicants are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates.
- Carbon Tracker can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK.
- Carbon Tracker supports flexibility and we welcome career returners.
- Please email your CV and covering letter explaining how you would fit into the Carbon Tracker team to email@example.com. Applications without a covering letter or email will not be considered.
- The closing date for applications is 11th June 2021, but we may interview before the closing date.