Location Home working due to Covid “normally” London Bridge
Reporting to Heads of Research
Apply via Acre.
Organisation and role background
Carbon Tracker’s mission is to help markets and state actors align energy system capital allocation to the finite planetary limits of the Paris Agreement. Their success is measured by our ability to mobilise investors, policymakers and regulators into action around climate risk resulting in an orderly wind down of fossil fuels. Their analysis of unburnable carbon, stranded assets, and wasted capital has reframed the debate around climate change risk.
They are building a new team, who will create an exciting new workstream covering companies in Europe, the US and Asia. The team will produce analysis on the effective wind down and climate and financially secure transition plans for companies, which will provide investors with tools and evidence for impactful engagements and arguments with management teams.
- Produce cutting edge research and analysis on companies’ Paris alignment, transition plans and create pathways for alignment alongside strategic and financial outlooks.
- Provide investors with analysis to empower engagement with company management teams, to catalyse macro change.
- Build quantitative models to drive conclusions, refine and evolve our data offering
- Contribute to strategy, research programme and develop methodology for Company Research with Head of Company Research.
- Impactfully and confidently articulate analysis to investors, both in writing and presentations, to build a compelling and persuasive narrative that will effect change.
- Own company research for coverage universe and be an advisor for CA100+ activities
- Proven industry experience as an analyst/investor focused on the O&G sector
- This might include, Equities Buy or Sell side experience, boutique hedge fund, private equity, consultancy, corporate development or other finance roles covering the sector.
- Solid understanding of company financials reports and accounting.
- Strong knowledge and financial modelling and valuation expertise.
- Able to deeply analyse and company strategies alongside financial market implications.
- Programme and project planning experience.
- Adept at sourcing credible data and incorporating this data into financial, economic and market models.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to translate complexity clearly and concisely.
This role is one of the first hires for the new team and will be integral in setting the strategy, methodology, models and plan for the Company Research Workstream.
If you feel you have the experience required and are passionate about the need to help markets understand and qualify the risks associated with overshooting the ‘carbon budget’ of cumulative emissions and further destabilising the global climate, please send your CV today.
Apply via Acre. For more information, you can contact Andrew Mullins via firstname.lastname@example.org.