Location London Bridge, UK
Reporting to Head of Oil, Gas & Mining
Start date As soon as possible
This is an exciting time for Carbon Tracker as a rapidly growing organisation looking to deepen and broaden our reach. We are looking for an Associate Analyst to contribute to research within our Oil, Gas and Mining team. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to contribute to public materials from the very beginning, increasingly influencing the research agenda and establishing themselves as a thought leader on transition risk topics.
Role and responsibilities
- Support oil, gas and mining research programmes and projects (see Carbon Tracker website for examples of recent reports)
- Contribute to driving research conclusions by collecting, organising and analysing public disclosures and proprietary datasets
- Help review and write high quality public reports and commentary
- Prepare company profiles and presentation materials for investor audiences
- Support external stakeholders with ad hoc analysis as required
- Work with other team members and independently to achieve team and organisation objectives
- Suggesting new ideas for cutting edge research projects
- Over time would be expected to take greater responsibility in producing written research and presenting it externally
- Firm grasp of numbers and quantitative analysis, comfortable working with large datasets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential, with the ability to translate complexity clearly and concisely
- Adept at sourcing relevant, credible data and drawing relevant conclusions
- Experiencet in MS Office Suite, advanced proficiency in Excel (skills in other relevant data packages, e.g. Python, also of interest)
- Excellent academic record, educated to degree level preferably in a numerate discipline e.g. physical sciences, engineering, maths, economics or finance
- Professional experience (around 2-3 years), for example in finance or consulting
- Oil & gas or related experience an advantage but not essential
- Experience in working in a deadline driven environment
- A critical eye and a willingness to question assumptions, ability to form a logical argument
- Methodical and organised with a high attention to detail
- Creative, thinking up new angles to an evolving debate and exploring the implications
- Willing to speak to media and at events & conferences to present the work.
- Team player, high integrity, diligent, flexible
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is motivated to grow the role and increase responsibilities
- Passionate about climate change
- £35-40K, 7% pension contribution
- 25 days holiday including bank holidays with one extra day granted for service capped at 5
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discretionary bonus (funding and company performance dependent)
- Please apply at https://apply.workable.com/carbon-tracker/?lng=en.
- Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
- Carbon Tracker can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK.
- We strive to ensure that opportunities to work and develop at Carbon Tracker are open to all. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.
- Carbon Tracker supports flexibility.
- The closing date for applications is 14th November